juwi’s projects are optimized for quality assurance and best lifetime costs and savings for clients. We are a leader in transformation and through our shareholder and partner, the Reatile Group, we offer part-or fully black owned and score-card optimized solutions.
We prioritise Economic Development and Socio-Economic Developmet initiatives and aim to ensure diffusion of advantages to local communities.
Our client engagement process is as follows:
- Meet, demostrate track record, sign NDA and share relevant information.
- Preliminary energy analysis to understand usage, tariff structure and security needs.
- Evaluation of best location for power plant (onsite, adjacent or wheeled through the grid).
- Preliminary design and costing – typically with options.
- Discuss and agree on funding model (self or funded) and commercial hurdles for project.
- If directly funded – sign Development Agreement. juwi to receive exclusivity by committing to an agreed hurdle and to move to bankable designs and final investment decision.
- If financed though a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) – engage Reatile and other sponsors and sign Development Agreement.
- Sponsors have exclusivity by committing to an agreed hurdle and will move to bankable designs and financial close.
- Final designs, financial model and permitting.
- Engineer Procure & Construct (EPC) Contract or Power Purchase Agreement negotiated and executed.
- Generation License from NERSA awarded and Wheeling Agreement executed (If necessary).
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) setup to ring-fence asset.
- Construction Starts.
- Handover and Operations.